Yellow cab, take me away
to a freshly born day,
or at least far enough
from the war-ravaged
pastures where petunias
have turned into tar.
Yellow cab, go the extra mile,
beyond the flood of smoke
that submerged the Financial District.
Yellow cab, push out your wings
and fly me to a nebula
that I can claim as my own,
or maybe to an abandoned planet
where I can rest my aching bones.
Michael Mira's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Yellow Cab by Michael Mira )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Is mother universal, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Not Yet, I Am Krakatoa
- दङ आंहा सिमां, Ronjoy Brahma
- He Was Who He Was, Frieda Risvold
- CPI(M) Comrades & Cadres, The Muscle-men, Bijay Kant Dubey
- The CPI(M) Only Knows Its Men, Only See.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- नोँनि थाखायनो आं मेगन मोदै जानांबाय सना, Bahadur Basumatary
- Many Third-class Men As University Teach.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Marvelous Floating Bookshop and Virt.., mary douglas
- So Many Things, Neela Nath