You, My Love, Have Gone
Where has my love gone?
I wonder if she thinks of me each day's dawn.
For her I live,
remembering our time together;
your heart hurts from me, it would be better
if I was no longer around.
Why should you live in sadness?
As long as I remain, the pain will stay.
For that reason I must go away,
though before I vanish from your life;
I wish you to be happier, more than you have ever been with me.
My soul will rest at ease, if be
the words I have waited to hear
"I have never felt you near."
Do you believe our hearts will forget?
Affection will replace pain, which is the intent.
Our love will nevermore be reunited,
the pain we feel in our souls will not be dismissed.
Never again, do I want to reminisce
the moment, when we were not undone.
Nicholas Nikolov's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (You, My Love, Have Gone by Nicholas Nikolov )
- Prisoner's Song, Tony Adah
- Anticipation, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- Dream, shakil ahmed
- My boat is sinking ever so slowly, JIBAN GOSWAMI
- You Can Lil story, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- Exploitation, gajanan mishra
- Three Simple Words, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- Loving Others, Tom Zart
- Law Breakers, Tony Adah
- Our India is the best country of the who.., Mazid S Kazi , INDIA
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Men, Maya Angelou
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)