Your Role In My Life
When my heart feels loneliness;
Mind becomes renorseful;
Soul suffers from thirst;
And the valley of my thought
Becomes dry and hard like rock,
You appear to caress me.
With your very arrival
Like a fairy or an angel,
Flowers of Love bloom in mind.
Drinking the wine of your Love
My heart begins to dance
With the rhythm of melody of your Love.
With the showers of your Love
My soul quenches its thirst.
Dry thought becomes lively and fresh.
When the aromous stream of your Love
Flows smoothly in my blood,
I perceive your role in my life.
By Dipankar Sadhukhan
'Your Role In My Life', No.36
Dipankar Sadhukhan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Your Role In My Life by Dipankar Sadhukhan )
- rotating, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- I Wait for Thee, Adam M. Snow
- With dignity, hasmukh amathalal
- Aurat, Bano Ali
- Change The Inevitable, Tony Adah
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.57, Mr. Nobody
- Long before my birth (cavatina), Gert Strydom
- Let Me Be Her<3, Nautica Moxley
- Absalom, Gert Strydom
- Freedom Is Calling, Tony Adah
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)