adam stevens Poems
- To Look Look up he frowned, seeing nothing I insist, she ...
- The Job It's a thankless task we do, Not a mission to ...
- Her I wanted to take her by the hand Tell her what she ...
- Winter Scene A thousand snowflakes hit the ground at ...
- Audition Everyone knows their lines They're bustling in the ...
- Noble Failure the wicked often win and the noblest of us ...
I have a dream of someday being able to call myself a 'published poet.' For right now I am merely an aspiring poet. I have always loved poetry except when forced to read it for a high school or college class. I often find rhyming or specific styles of poetry too restrictive when writing. I welcome any comments or constructive criticism of my poems submitted here as I am trying to improve, and ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about adam stevens
the wicked often win
and the noblest of us fail
their destiny to be ever frustrated
never to know comfort
they slog up a hill
to a top they'll never reach
they'll endure mockery and scorn
but they'll go on
often not to know the reason why
they only know that they struggle
and will never be rewarded