adam stevens Poems
- Audition Everyone knows their lines They're bustling in the ...
- Noble Failure the wicked often win and the noblest of us ...
- I Held My Tongue I held my tongue though I wanted to ...
- To Look Look up he frowned, seeing nothing I insist, she ...
- The Job It's a thankless task we do, Not a mission to ...
- Her I wanted to take her by the hand Tell her what she ...
I have a dream of someday being able to call myself a 'published poet.' For right now I am merely an aspiring poet. I have always loved poetry except when forced to read it for a high school or college class. I often find rhyming or specific styles of poetry too restrictive when writing. I welcome any comments or constructive criticism of my poems submitted here as I am trying to improve, and ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about adam stevens
Everyone knows their lines
They're bustling in the background
I'm trying to keep up
Just fake it a while
Pretend to do it in style
Insincerity with a smile
The act might get tired
But by then you'll be hired
This will all fade away
The fears, they'll be kept at bay
But just for a little longer
The faking can't last forever
It won't make it through every endeavor