Adegbenro Adekunle Poems
- The Rich Beggar He was rich in the morning He swam too far ...
- The History Of Tomorrow I want to tell you the history of ...
- Heart Break This poem is dedicated to Azu. It was written as ...
- Riffles And The People Born in Kano for a new dawn Raised ...
- Four Friends We were four friends He was a real friend We ...
KGB as he is fondly called is a playwright cum poet. He is also a chartered accountant by profession. His love for poetry and thirst for touching lives with his works is overwhelming. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Adegbenro Adekunle
The Rich Beggar
He was rich in the morning
He swam too far in wealth for any man to reach
He was too far to hear the Poor’s mourning
Too busy to save a life with the offer of a fish
No poor moved closer to his shadow
Like sparrows escaping arrows, they fled from him
Hearing his voice would only add to their sorrow
Even the voice he was freely given, was used to chastise them
He was richer than kings in the afternoon
He hated the needy, he rated the poor
‘Poor, poorer, poorest’ was the title of his best pop song
He would take a swig of his wine, wink at the poor like...