Aidan Clevinger Poems
- Benchwarmer (Getting Benched A... My nose is bloody, my ...
- Give It To Me Straight Anyone can tell me The things I want ...
- The Things I Can'T Yet Say There are so many things I want to...
- Though All Around The Devil Pr... Though all around the ...
- Baby Sister My baby sister lives with my dad and stepmom, and...
- Why Am I Happy? 'Why is it, ' you ask, 'That you're so ...
- Bearing My Cross Jesus, Thou were crucified, And to this ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Aidan Clevinger
Benchwarmer (Getting Benched Again)
My nose is bloody, my knuckles, too,
And my jersey's covered in mud.
I don't know who I thought I was kidding,
Trying to be some romantic stud.
Curse these stinking pads,
Get this helmet off my head.
My back feels like I'm eighty years old,
My feet feel made of lead.
She popped the ball out from my arms,
I never had a chance.
Sprawled on the ground I watched her run;
Chalk six up for Failed Romance.
I'm sick of playing this stupid game,
At least while she's still playing it.
This had to happen sooner or later,
There's no point in...