archie hardie Poems
- The Lonely Wanderer Meets The ...
- Growing Old (Even Better, Edit... Oh woe! oh woe! this ...
- An Absolutely Mental Market Pl... The hubhub, laughter and ...
- Think On This And Weep. Think on this and weep. Sad sadie ...
- Life Is Hell, The Sooner Its F...
- The Trenches, Not So Fondly Re... Wwhen cold November ...
- Better Red Than Dead.13/02/01 'Whats the plan for today my ...
I was a wee bit of a hell raiser in my teens, twenties, and thirties, in other words, a bevvy merchant.thankfully I saw the light and reformed on the last friday of march,1985. Thats when i went to the a.a. meeting in Albin House, Cavendish St. Glas. G5. I am retired chef, having served my time with John Grant, (wine @ food) , I`ve done season jobs, worked in Manchester, Blackpool, London, Oz, ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about archie hardie
Better Red Than Dead.13/02/01
'Whats the plan for today my own true love,
what mighty event must I fix.'
'You`ve a meet with Banjo, Shoreboys an` Peel,
an` Abes` coming round for tea.'
'Is Abe the dealer in pigs, or is it prawns now m`dear,
n` does Maggie shut shop at three,
an` cor luv a duck I see young Peter m`lad,
is now a knockabout comic, teehee.
well, we`ll have no more of that
so we`ll give him the boot
oh, an` send him a crate o` brown ale.
O` wondrous man o` ma heart
stop talkin` crap,
cos ah sense storm clouds amassin` ahead
an` wi` trouble aplenty ...