Arik Fletcher Poems
- A Time For Now a time to cheer, a time to cry, a time to ...
- Alone alone I walk the streets at night, alone I pray to ...
- Halfbreed I am a creature of two halves, A demon of angelic...
- Guardian There he waits, against the light, A creature of ...
- City Life Searching for a life sublime, lost within a world...
- Art Of Life Sketch your life into my mind, Fill the shadows...
- Haven's Hymn have faith in what you know can be, hope not ...
Like many people, I started writing poetry in my mid-teens to express my deepest and darkest emotions in a private and controlled outlet. This not only helped to bring a form of peace to my soul, but also brought a balance to my mind.
Over time the words and feelings developed, a certain flow or rhythm emerged which should hopefully become apparent to any readers. My inner most thoughts, my feelings, and my aspirations are all contained herein. So, why make all of these emotions public?
Writing poetry frees the mind and cleanses the soul, but this is only a temporary release as long as the words are kept secret. The only true way to set your heart and mind free is to ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
A Time For Now
a time to cheer, a time to cry,
a time to live, a time to die,
a time to sleep, a time to wake,
a time for real, a time for fake,
a time for truth, a time to lie,
a time to laugh, a time to sigh,
a time to stand, a time to fall,
a time for one, a time for all,
a time for love, a time for hate,
a time to run, a time to wait,
a time to stay, a time to flee,
a time for you, a time for me.