Arvind Krishna Mehrotra
Arvind Krishna Mehrotra Poems
- Continuities This is about the green miraculous trees, And ...
- Canticle For My Son The dog barks and the cat mews, The moon...
- Bharati Bhavan Library, Chowk,...
- Two Lakes Lakes do not happen Only in geography. I know one...
- To An Unborn Daughter If writing a poem could bring you Into...
- On The Death Of A Sunday Paint... He smoked a cherry-wood ...
- Inscription Last night a line appeared,Unbidden, ...
Arvind Krishna Mehrotra is a noted Indian English poet, anthologist, literary critic and translator. He is well known for incorporating a post-modernist style in modern English poetry.
Arvind Krishna Mehrotra a popular name in modern English poetry was born the year 1947 in Lahore. He has published four volumes of poetry. Mehrotra had completed his education from Oxford University. Presently the poet has been nominated for the chair of Professor of Poetry at the University of Oxford in 2009. It is the style of Mehrotra to continually revise a small body of work, polishing, crafting, and aiming at elegance, wit precision and an impersonality which will fix ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Arvind Krishna Mehrotra
This is about the green miraculous trees,
And old clocks on stone towers,
And playgrounds full of light
And dark blue uniforms.
At eight I'm a Boy Scout and make a tent
By stretching a bedsheet over parallel bars
And a fire by burning rose bushes,
I know half a dozen knots and drink
Tea from enamel mugs.
I wear khaki drill shorts, note down
The number-plates of cars,
Make a perfect about-turn for the first time.
In September I collect my cousins' books
And find out the dates of the six Mughals
To secretly write the history of India.
I see ...