Barbara Attaway Poems
- Wind Wind Wind blow Blow me far away Away from my grief
- Is Not The Summer Prairie Call...
- ''Let The Cat Die'' 'Higher, higher, swing me higher, Dad-o! ...
- Is Buffalo Jerky Big Medicine Shhhhh.....stay quiet There is...
- Goulash come and get it i call to the boys please wash your...
- Nude Beach Ahead Whirlwind lifting shapeless ...
- Sentinels They stand as sentinels against azure ...
I come from southeast Texas and a big family of poets. Daddy wrote songs and Mother wrote poetry. My brother was a gifted musician and my sister writes beautiful poetry, short stories, and books. I had a great-grandfather who was a song-and-dance man in vaudeville. I feel I am the lesser talent of all of them, but owe them at least my attempt at something along the same line. I do love ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Blow me far away
Away from my grief
Grief from loss
Loss of a brother
Brother younger than I
I have lost hold of my roots
Withering in salty tears
Tears drying on my face
Face of my brother in the mirror
Mirror, mirror on the wall
Wall of sadness
Sadness disappear with the wind