Bryan Thao Worra
Bryan Thao Worra Poems
- Dreamonstration There is a famous account of Jiang Yan, an ...
- A Crime In Xieng Khouang Someone stole my boots from A ...
- No Regrets Maybe one day, A page will be found, A song ...
- E Pluribus Unum Youa tells me a story over the hot hibachi: ...
- Aliens We turn our dishes to Heaven, but What manner of ...
- Our Dinner With Cluster Bombs Our pilot packs a ...
- Padaek Speak to me of padaek And some poor ba ferments, ...
Bryan Thao Worra was born in 1973 in
Vientiane, Laos during the Lao civil
war. He came to the US at six months
old, adopted by a civilian pilot flying
in Laos. In 2003, he reunited with his
biological family after 30 years during
his first return to Laos.
An award-winning writer, his work appears in numerous international anthologies, magazines and ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Bryan Thao Worra
There is a famous account of Jiang Yan, an official of the Southern Dynasty. One night, he dreamt a god presented him a wondrous writing brush. From that day forward, his literary talents were beyond compare. When he grew old, the god appeared again as a dream and retrieved the brush. Jiang Yan’s writing was never as brilliant again.
Given a thousand nights,
Can you master even a single word?
Or a dream, a tool, a brain?
Open roads, discover ways,
Flow down a stream, slash at ignorance
With ink and a scrap of paper from a poet’s bag.
Do you ever ...