Burt Collins Poems
- Gossip Stop the myth that I do live Send the mourners ...
- The Nest One does not invade another’s nest When so Lovingly...
- Blackbirds How can one possess the sky when parliament runs ...
- The Letter Letter - if definition be is the brain wrung ...
- Time Time - is mine! I choose to recollect that hours were...
- The Eagle The most stellar bird I know Is one of tufts of ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Burt Collins
Stop the myth that I do live
Send the mourners by
Set them down in rows of ten
with pallbearers on every side
But, tell them that though I'm still
and better I than they
endure the motion on the ground
or gossip in the air.
Arrest the myth that I I am dead
The trojan at the door
The charger full of headlines knock
Humanity - how deceitful you are!