Cindy Wright Poems
- Haunted There was a haunted look in those coffee brown eyes, ...
- Look To The Sky
- My Challenge I wake up in the morning feeling as if ...
- A Player He says he chooses to remain alone but he sits and ...
- Letting Go She gripped her ripped heart with all her ...
- Chained I see you and wish to fly by your side, but am ...
- Broken Tossed away, broken inside. I lay crying, inside ...
Born Cindy Wright, but adopted elsewhere, I grew up in a little backwoods town around farmlife. Writing was always an escape for me as a lonely teenage girl that believed in love at first sight and all the other romantic aspects of life. I keep my poems simple, carefree and young at heart for a reason; I want the reader to understand and feel them no matter what age the reader is. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
There was a haunted look in those coffee brown eyes,
trying to hide the pain of all the days of yesterday gone by.
Where there was once a sparkle and shine,
A dim glow of an ember burning still in the heart that remains mine.
Taking hold of his true love and pulling her near,
eyes of ocean deep green began to tear.
Holding it all in as best she could,
floods of mixed emotions came crashing in, breaking a wall
the way he should.
Looking back up into familiar safety
she saw her prince once again
even though haunted coffee brown eyes
looked into her ...