Cordell Rich Poems
- The Snowflake And The Candle Candles sizzle and pop In an ...
- And I Go On You spill into my dreams, Intrude into my ...
- Puddles Of Madness I wanted more from you than you even ...
- My Fire I have been lonely before. Listing between ...
- Never I'll never cry again because I've lost you. Because ...
- Please Don'T Please don't let him steal you away. Please ...
- Cerberus The Abuser He dips in and out of the flames, ...
Cordell grew up on a simple farm in Wyoming, working throught the summers and enduring long cold winters. At 16 his parents divorced and he moved to Central Utah where he graduated from Manti High School. Cordell spend 23 years in the U.S. Army and after seeing much of the world mover to Idaho where he now lives. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
The Snowflake And The Candle
Candles sizzle and pop
In an angry and desperate struggle.
Each snowflake fights and leans
To avoid the searing heat.
Until the two should collide
in one last desperate battle.
The candle anchored to its moorings
With only a wick to do its bidding.
The snowflakes path of freedom
form sea to sky to its chilly plunge.
The snowflakes gentle fall last lifted
By the hot and raising winds of fate.
One last hopeful tumble follows
Ten thousand feet of thoughtless dancing.
Then crackle or pop
As well as it may suite ...