Craig Steiger Poems
- Archery With his piddling bow He comes to the range To ...
- Enough It is enough that the world Takes me for its ...
- Big Sur Behold the blue sea-swell That lifts itself a ...
- American Manhood This American manhood, Aren't we just the ...
- I Too I too sifted Down the dark seductions of life, ...
- Sitka A full moon rises huge & yellow Over great tracts of...
- Poet You juss' a throwback Poor poet hackysack Your ...
After a youth reading Thoreau, Emerson, Muir, and Snyder, graduated to Abbey, Leopold, and Elizabeth Bishop. Interested in literature about man's place in Nature. Presently reside in Sierra Nevada foothills between Sacramento and Lake Tahoe. Self-employed tradesman. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Craig Steiger
With his piddling bow
He comes to the range
To approach that inner meridian
That makes him one
With the straw-bale target:
But he suffers the sneers & cackles
Of the high-tech set
With their calibrated scopes
And digital tensions
That everywhere prefer certifiable dominance
To the subtleties of rapport