Damir Šodan Poems
- ANTARCTIC -new- Blessed be the whiteness of distant places, a ...
- ANTARKTIK -new- blažena bjelina udaljenih mjesta. obična čista ...
- A THEORY OF GETTING DRESSED -new- this morning ( . . . ) put on ...
- TEORIJA OBLAČENJA -new- ujutro je ( . . . ) zakopčala wonderbra i...
- A LETTER TO A WILD SCYTHIAN -new- Je pense à toi the wild Scythian...
- PISMO DIVLJEM SKITU -new- Je pense à toi divlji Skite koji lutaš ...
- WHAT WE DON'T TALK ABOUT WHEN ... -new-
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Damir Šodan
WHAT WE DON'T TALK ABOUT WHEN WE TALK ABOUT LOVE
All said and done
his treatise on redemption
ended up in a black plastic garbage bag
amid the scattered pieces of furniture
where a little girl sits leafing
through a picture-book about algae.
Soon the door will unhinge itself from the house
(at least it looks that way)
and walk away across the meadow
trailing along behind the invisible quivers.
But once you've entered
that measure for mud
that muddled promise of spring . . .
(his tongue almost mumbled
out something like that)
anyway, try not to go on dying for so long
like Violetta in La ...