Don Parker Poems
- Pie A La Mode In the corner of my eye There's a piece of ...
- Come Play With Me 'Come play with me upon the sea, ' Said I ...
- Where Are You? 'Where are you? ' you ask of me, And I ...
- My Heaven's Bliss When eventide has settled in And robbins ...
- Besotted Many ships that sail the sea Very often frighten ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Don Parker
My Heaven's Bliss
When eventide has settled in
And robbins are all warblin',
One man gropes for pipe and slippers,
Another seeks a plate of kippers.
Just give me love and tender kisses,
For that is where my Heaven's Bliss is.
As ev'ning shadows lengthen more
And faithful Spot sits by the door,
One man snoozes... snuffles gently,
Another leaves to drive his Bentley.
Just give me warmth from spouse and wee'uns,
For that is where my Heaven's bliss comes.
And as the sun sinks lower west,
And birdies now have flew to nest,
One man reaches for candle snuffer, ...