Dylan Sharkey Poems
- Yet He Stands One hand clings dependently to his cane. The ...
- Determination One may say determination, is the way in ...
- Preconception. They say She can captivate a heart with just ...
- Alchohol Another shot of whisky Goes flowing down the ...
- February 6th, The First Day Af...
I'm a young poet from Edinburgh in Scotland. Started writing about 5 months ago, following an infatuation with Bob Dylan- amazing! My favourite poets are Bob Dylan, Dylan Thomas and Edgar Allan Poe. I don't write a lot to be honest, just whenever I see or hear a source of inspiration. I have a lot of written work which I plan to transfer on to this in the near future! Try to keep my work ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Dylan Sharkey
Yet He Stands
One hand clings dependently
to his cane. The other clutches desperately
to his overcoat; his shield from the unforgiving elements.
His bleak defence weakens
with every blow,
his stronghold penetrated
with every lash.
His assailants are relentless.
An iron first crushes his frail being,
an onslaught of acid dissolves the spirit of a man once strong
Fragility in a ferocious world,
A tiny shard amidst the debris.
Yet he stands.