February 6th, The First Day After April. - Poem by Dylan Sharkey
The romance is dead.
The tender love which once nurtured and gently caressed my heart is now gone,
A mere memory
Distant from the pain and hardship now wretched in my soul.
Nostalgia suffocates me.
But I must look upon this not with dismay,
For I know that somewhere, at some point,
When the time is right
And I release my fragile heart
Into the depth of the unknown shadow,
It will be captured.
And it could be true; it WILL be true
Just not with you.
Comments about February 6th, The First Day After April. by Dylan Sharkey
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl