edward lilley Poems
- Deliverance I awaken feeling full and potent Swollen with ...
- Full And Running Over (A celebration of an adopted child's ...
- Fresh Ice Cold winds growl And etch our windows Lick the ...
- Kneading Dough Life is good And we hold on Keep on ...
- It Starts With A Whisper It has become obvious to me That ...
- My Oxygen When you walked away I closed my coat around the ...
- Breaking Through Brambles Walk with me, gray man Among your ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
I awaken feeling full and potent
Swollen with urgency
Lines of verse moving forward in me.
Impatient words piling up like traffic
Fully formed, fingers, tongue, lips, and hands
Waiting to fly
Needing to be caught,
Held gently, dried off,
Given room to breathe.
I must quickly make my way up out of the tangle
Of old dreams and bedclothes
Find a pen
And catch these wisps
Open my arms and claim them
Open my mouth and name them
Get a basin. Boil water.
We have made it through the night
From the furnace of my resistance