Efe Benjamin Poems
- White Queen So would I, to blood once again So would I To ...
- Africa Of My Dream Africa, my Africa of my dream Here is ...
- ' Men In Chains Men in chains In malady of the age, ...
- ' You Laughed And Laughed...
- ' Beautiful Miss (I Miss You) Beautiful miss of my ...
- ' Girl In Hell when i heard; i mean, when they told ...
- ' Wonderful Woman Wonderful woman I just can't but ...
If there is anything within I must be proud of in my lifetime, it is what I have said; what I have written, what I have done, what I believe, and what I have thought people about... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Quotationsmore quotations »
''Purpose (Sept.2014)''If there is anything within I must be proud of in my lifetime, it is what I have said; what I have written, what I have done, what I believe, and what...
So would I, to blood once again
So would I
To my white queen
The stars have departed
From her eyes
So would I
Sail to my black land once again
To my brothers who must
With black blood rejuvenating
the ecstasy of a child
Old and young, washed with the tide
No, not my queen
With star spume beaming in her eyes
With blood, black and white
In fits of rage
To where dreams lie within dreams.
It is Africa, home of plenty.
Take me to the fields
Where brothers have marched in deceit
O' Africa, your banner of love is hoised