Ellonah Varela Poems
- Lie Reality Oh, 'tis shame, all the more a tragedy, When a ...
- Long Live The King - A Tribute...
- Secretly Loving You Just let me sit here, Stare at you from...
- Lover's Love Drawn, that was I, Your image locked in my ...
- The Horizon's View Where to go, I asked, How and where, and...
- The Wallflower A sad smile broke upon a sensual lips, ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Ellonah Varela
The Horizon's View
Where to go, I asked,
How and where, and what is my task?
Am I to hide and wear a mask,
To blend in well till my time reached dusk?
These things I thought with an agitated frown,
Then apart from it, the burden as my crown.
Bare was my feet upon the soil so brown,
In this ordeal however, I am wearing a gown.
'God', I called to Him,
Why make all my choices dim?
My paths ahead all looked dark and grim,
As if they're made not for a her but for a him.
Then in my mind His face I saw,
Understanding and love on it was raw.
'I'm sorry', I ...