ERNEST CLARY Poems
- As Time Goes By As time goes by like it does I want to cry ...
- A Single Tear-Iron Eyes Cody As he pondered on pollution I ...
- Broken Heart? Though your heart is broken into tiny little ...
- Sneaky Curse- King Tut's Tomb King Tuts Tomb in the valley ...
- Oregon Trail In our wagon cutting through the trail not ...
- Mary Surratt On The Gallow As I stand on this gallow, a ...
- Nature Of The Flower One morning I seen a flower facing ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
As Time Goes By
As time goes by like it does
I want to cry for what once was
I look back at the places my folks have been
I see their faces in the wind
all their homes fallen or plowed down
they lay motionless in the ground
I look at their tombstones all thats left
and know laying beneath
is their bones, gone to the thief called death
some were good others bad
I cant help thinking
of the times they had
planting cooking fishing
both work and play
it was survival day by day
each having their chores and things they made
what some had others didnt
they would ...