Eugene Mattingly Poems
- Welcome To The Night When evening time has come toils of the...
- Summer's End On the great stage of life the final throes of ...
- Memories I remember a place long ago it was there that I ...
- A Poet's Prayer Guide me Lord, that your light may shine, ...
- Past As I gaze out my window and see what time has done I ...
- Automatic Okie Born on the prairie raised on a farm chickens...
- Future/Past This is the future, it is here at last, it was ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Eugene Mattingly
Welcome To The Night
When evening time has come
toils of the day are done
watch the setting sun
change the face of the sky
as the evening sun sinks
into the horizon
sounds of the night
begin their symphony
birds begin to roost
their chatter slowly fades
creatures of the night
take their place on the stage
The moon rises slowly, announcing
the changing of the guard
coolnes felt all around
Earth surrendering her warmth
as the sun hides her face
Welcome to the Night.