Frank Freimuth Poems
- St. John's Cemetery, Nuremberg... Silence, serenity and ...
- Ex Libris You wore a heavy coat when you arrived as if you ...
- Tau So wie der Tau das Spinnennetz mit glimmenden Sternen ...
- Helmsman, Don't Leave The Watc... Just like the peak that ...
- Yes, I'm Old
- Wenn Die Liebe Gegangen Ist Kein Zauber ist mehr zwischen ...
- Ich Bin Nicht Dein Ich bin nicht dein, bin nicht in dir ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Frank Freimuth
St. John's Cemetery, Nuremberg,2017
Silence, serenity and peace
lay there before my curious eyes
when I, a nosy tourist on my own,
had crossed the entrance made of stone.
This was the first time after forty years
I was to see again this peerless scene
where so much famous folks are sleeping
till someone might them wake from dream.
Once more I saw the roses on the graves,
a bowl of them on every weathered tomb,
and iron epitaphs beneath,
low speaking till the day of doom.
I saw a birch tree at about my age,
its tender green in love with roses' red,
and branches ...