Gary Scott Gebert
Gary Scott Gebert Poems
- Forever Sleep The warmth of heavy cover overshadows me The ...
- Hangman Played the game all my life, guessing pieces of ...
- Floating To The Surface Within the words you speak, softly ...
- A Face In The Crowd At a distance I see you with a look of ...
- A Silent Goodbye you say your cold yet I lie here next to ...
- I'M Dying In My Dreams Every night seems a little longer, ...
- Anathema Your eyes speak in silence of disgust and ...
Gary Scott Gebert, when hard-pressed will say it was April 3rd of 2002 when he made his first attempt at writing anything he would deem “poetic.” This coming from a man with a long history as a musician and songwriter. Prior to April 2002, Gary felt his songwriting outlets and collaboration with other musicians was enough. The impact these talented men and women had on his growth as a musician and songwriter is found in a multitude of songs, spanning the years, and proving Gary has the ability to focus and collaborate, while also retaining his inner voice. In his first poetic piece, “The Dark Cage, ” Gary speaks of his self, but more importantly offers understanding to others who may be as ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
The warmth of heavy cover overshadows me
The moonless dark shines on my eyelids
My mind only grasping at the small things unknowing
As I escape my life
As if unearthed from a deep crypt
I groan at the daylight
The weight on my numb limbs answer back
With the weariness of my dreams
Day after day you strike me with your words
The warm blood of my feelings pours out
Empty once again of my self-worth
Feeling the crack of madness knock against the barricade
The armor is so heavy, so worn
Without it would be suicide, I ponder that
Was that the ...