Geoff Lathy Poems
- Angola Cold eyes stare into bleak darkness As present voices...
- April's Wintry Sun When April’s wintry sun Flows across the ...
- Snowdrops She loves me, she Loves me not, Petal by plucked...
- The Stone Garden The urgency of trust, Is like sap, The ...
- Softly, Gently, Blurs My World Softly, gently, blurs my ...
- By Any Other Name Bert knew, As sure as drawing breath, ...
- The Crucifixion Dumb motherf.....r, Too quick to trust her,...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Geoff Lathy
Cold eyes stare into bleak darkness
As present voices fade out,
As muscles tighten and hands shake,
As eyelids blink and breathing shallows,
as guts tighten and body falls
into a wall of images that
blind thought and tear emotion,
while eyes water and throat tightens
and spirit fades and hope lessens
and pictures flash and noises shriek
and senses heighten and smells sicken
and mind contracts as darkness traps
voices and words and horrible feeling
and misery chokes my silent tears
and empty words and voiceless cries
and imagined fears ...