George Ahaneku Poems
- The Triumphal Entry On the day Christ entered Jerusalem He ...
- Benin City This ancient city A stone aged place In ...
- Amazon Her hair is kept Like a garden swept Her mien ...
- Tears And Rain How I wish I could surrender my soul; Shed ...
- The Mind The Mind is a part of God’s creation That man is ...
- On My Way Home When I was born I suckled the breast When ...
- Sister's Wedding Distance and time may hide my face But ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about George Ahaneku
The Triumphal Entry
On the day Christ entered Jerusalem
He rode upon a colt
Yet there was something about that day
They sang Hosanna Hosanna
Glory be to His name
The land was green with leaves
Palms and branches from trees
They even cast down their clothes
From street to street
His good deeds were told
For the savior of mankind
Has come to us today
Bless His Holy name.
We are gathered together again
There is one special reason
Why you are here today
Though we are not in Jerusalem
Yet on this very special day
The land is green with leaves ...