George Wootton Poems
- Endeavor To Persevere When best-laid plans have fallen to ...
- Springtime In Oklahoma Robins on the front lawn, waiting for ...
- The Old Home Place The grand old house is gone now from the ...
- Mother Mother, such a beautiful word just the sound brings a ...
- A Special Soul Long ago and far away God created a soul one ...
- How Far We Have Come With heart heavy-laden I remember back ...
- The Best Gift Ever Christmas trees and Christmas ...
I have enjoyed reading poetry for as long as I can remember, even as a youngster. I began writing in my teens, short stories and plays but little poetry at that time. Poetry came along in my more recent years as the riggors of life began to really close in, as a way to express my feelings. For a long while they were kept to myself but family and friends encouraged me to publish some of them so I ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about George Wootton
Endeavor To Persevere
When best-laid plans have fallen to waste
and frustration abounds in their former place,
when failure looms with doubts and fears
we must endeavor to persevere!
When dreams are shattered and hopes are dashed,
goals upon the shoals have crashed,
when gladness is but a memory dear
let us endeavor to persevere.
When sons and daughters from God rebel
and the paths they follow lead straight to hell
your fervent prayers God does not hear
pledge to endeavor to persevere.
When wracked with pain, our body worn,
youth is spent, don't be forlorn, ...