Gil Tee Poems
- Land Of Plenty There are people all around the world, ...
- Hard Rain Coming They say we're making progress and things ...
- This Present Crisis I'm afraid this one is past its sell by ...
- Karolina, With A K (Memo To Mu... Karolina, with a K I ...
- Date With An Angel (Song For ... I was late for a date ...
- Mother Came Too This has quite a catchy tune. Shame about ...
- Black Dog Most people have a black dog But some dogs are ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Gil Tee
Land Of Plenty
There are people all around the world,
Starving and forgotten,
And apples on the ground, dew-pearled,
Left lying to go rotten.
You must have seen them on TV
And wondered who the hell’s to blame.
It could be you - or even me -
The world keeps turning just the same.
The losers in the human race
Accuse us in the Hall of Shame;
A land of plenty in disgrace,
Unworthy of the world’s acclaim.
Perhaps it’s time to make a stand
Against the kind of life we lead.
What good’s the money in your hand
When there are hungry mouths to feed? ...