Hemant Divate Poems
- A Depressingly Monotonous Land... How did the landscape in ...
- Boats What lines are these That are written without words ...
- Shopping At The Mega-Mall Supermicro thoughts Pass through ...
- Butterflies Ambling by in the garden of the complex I ...
- When I Check Email When I check email my wife watches ‘Koi ...
- The Fragrance Your Body Would ... 'I'm remembering The ...
- Greetings Like cigarette Ash we Get d-e-t-a-c-h-e-d From ...
Hemant Divate is a reputed Marathi poet, translator and publisher based in Mumbai.
Hemant Divate is an avant-garde poet, a reputed editor, publisher and translator.
His two poetry collections in Marathi have been path-breaking – Chautishiparyantchya Kavita and Thambtach Yet Nahi. Renowned poet and translator Dilip Chitre has translated the first collection to English, titled Virus Alert. His poems have been translated to German, Urdu, French, Gujarati, Bengali, Hindi and Malayalam. He has won several prestigious awards including the Bharatiya Bhasha Parishad Award, Kolkata.
Hemant’s publishing house- Abhidhanantar & Poetrywala has ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Hemant Divate
A Depressingly Monotonous Landscape
How did the landscape in my mind
flow into my daughter's mind?
Right now in front of me is an expanse of
buildings, shopping malls, highways, factories and traffic
and if I tell her to sketch a landscape
she draws sunsets
a flowing river, trees, fields, shrines
draws birds which look like scrawled numbers*
in my tiny, overcast skies
From the seamless forest of this city
are never seen
the sunset beyond the house in my mind
the river, trees, paths, temples, birds, footways
How did these
stream into her mind?
When she ...