Hm. Nes Poems
- Mount Everest Sir Edmund Hillary first achieved (For ...
- The Tale Of William Tell The arrow flew, but none could ...
- Her Scent I feared her scent That it was more than I could ...
- Louisiana Purchase I hail from Butte, Montana; Although ...
- Monsters Everywhere Alternating legends Twixt the forest ...
- Red Bird The red bird oft reminds me of The Father's always...
- For Edgar Allan No not alone I dare suggest, Though all ...
Two birch trees.
Three favorites: coffee, chocolate, chess. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Sir Edmund Hillary first achieved
(For centuries unattained)
The summit of earth's highest peak,
And what did he there gain?
So many corpses linger there,
Of those arrived or no,
To strike a pose atop the world,
Then turn and back down go.
All climbers lose, if not their lives-
Their minds at least are numbed.
Most simply fail to reach the top,
By tragedies overcome.
Yet on and on the climbers come;
The challenge must be taken.
For God has placed Mount Everest there-
So low, so far below His throne
That never will be ...