Ismail Aashna Poems
- Sleeplessness Sleeplessness In my desert like courtyard A...
- I Shall Take Birth At Countles... I shall take birth In ...
- River Like I Flow With floods in eyes And storms in ...
- The Unheard Songs Descend From your shining heights Into ...
- The Forgotten Paths The signs of languishing soles Of our ...
- The Blue Spot Like a blue spot In the midst of clouds Am I ...
- In Search Of Grains Alone like me You too might be in some ...
Prof Ismail Aashna is one of the renowned personalities of J & K. He, besides being a poet, social activist and a politician, is a good human being. He was born in Watapora–a place that is a few miles away from Bandipora. But, however, his family later migrated to town hall, Bandipora.
Prof Ismail Aashna was /is a good teacher and speaker. As orator, he is best. His speeches are spiced with ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
River Like I Flow
With floods in eyes
And storms in fists
Through fog and mists
In forlorn vales
Aided neither by boats nor sails
River like I flow
Now fast now slow
And fish like she swims
Within me without robes
Beneath the layers of unfolding waves
Stocking my unexplored depths
To commit unforeseen thefts
Her body slips my searching hands
With so many scars
From bosom to belly
That remind me of
I have been flowing through since ages
Keeping me in eternal quest to embrace
Or kiss her face.