Jayce McCormick Poems
- The Aspen Tree Chad and I are the best of friends Still to ...
- My Two Labradors I have two lively labradors One is yellow, ...
- Molly I have known you for quite a while But I never thought...
- Christmas Christmas is the most wonderful time of the ...
- Ventriloquist Dummy I speak the words, and yet they seem To ...
- But Time Passes On... I stand at the bus stop before ...
- Colorado And My Grandparents Colorado, I love you so But I ...
I started writing poems a while back and most of them are giddy and happy. Some are sad, and some are just plain depressing. I like to write about things that get people thinking about stuff that the hustle and bustle world can make us, well, be unaware of. Fear, death, sometimes joy, and sadness. I write what comes to mind and what I dwell on, and things that bother me that won't go away. I ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Jayce McCormick
The Aspen Tree
Chad and I are the best of friends
Still to this very day
Though the distance between us is great
Our friendship remains the same
I remember the day that we first met
All those years ago
It was a sunny morning on his doorstep
The Earth was green from the melted snow
His home was only two houses from mine
It was tall, welcoming, had fences with vines
But what we loved most was in his front lawn
A great white aspen, as beautiful as dawn
It stood tall and strong on sunny days
And weathered the storms on cloudy days
We would try to climb it's ...