Jefferson Carter Poems
- Litter Box My wife asked me this morning
- Pasture To a narcissist, all the world’s a mirror. The day...
- Strep Throat STREP THROAT I sleep in my son's bed, his ...
- Otis OTIS The vet opens our dog’s mouth
- Land Of The Pharaohs I like being called “brother” by black ...
- Starry Night STARRY NIGHT We went to Dee’s for dinner
- Elavil ELAVIL Every family has that story
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Quotationsmore quotations »
Comments about Jefferson Carter
My wife asked me this morning
if I’d ever cheated on her.
My ex-wife called this afternoon
& asked me the same thing.
What’s going on?
That new Italian movie
the art film crowd adores,
the characters hysterical, nearly
operatic, their marriages dead
or dying. I imagine all the couples
sipping cappuccino after the movie,
nibbling biscotti, that close
to confessing their own infidelities.
I love my wife. I don’t whine
about my latest chore, cleaning
the litter box four or five times
a day. I can imagine one
of those histrionic Italian ...