Seamus O' Brian
Seamus O' Brian Poems
- Conditional If you knew who I was now When I knew who you ...
- Tread Carefully The branches dance in the wind, The ones ...
- Across The Divide Of Time Sleep, my son, and dream of ...
- Echo Of Silence This tortuous canyon coiling its jagged ...
- After The Shower- Haiku
- These Eyes these eyes, the spyglass of tomorrow's ...
- The Gift Of Spring (Haiku) slender green shoot shoulders ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Quotationsmore quotations »
''When there is power without justice, security becomes fear.''Neal Beightol
''It is the duty of every man to shine what light he has on the darkness of injustice. For he who wears the badge of poet, that light is the power of his word.''Neal Beightol
''The gift of poetry lies as much in the eyes as in the pen. To speak, we must first see.''Neal Beightol
''Poor choices lead to shallow graves''Neal Beightol
''In the end, we do what we want to do. Excuses are the lies we tell ourselves to protect us from that reality.''Seamus O' Brian
If you knew who I was now
When I knew who you were then
Would you forgive me before
We ever became them?
If you gathered in the harvest—
Stacked and counted the bales
of our soul-searing pain,
Numbered the bushels
Of our flesh-scalding tears,
Compacted the silos
of loneliness, doubts, fears-
If you could have counted the cost,
Would you have sown the first seed?
If you factored in lies, betrayal, mistrust,
Could you ever have loved me
Before they became us?