Jem Baker Poems
- Being Old Yes, my body is old But it’s not the real me. The...
- Gone Are The Days Gone are the days my sister That I ...
- Please Don'T Take The Girl Johnny's daddy was taking him ...
- My Mum My mum is my best friend The one who’s always ...
- Smiling The cover of a magazine, nothing but a paper dream ...
- Blank Peice Of Paper I'm just a blank sheet of paper This ...
- Not A Moment Too Soon I was standing At the end of my ...
I am 16 and live in Brisbane, Australia. I am studying to be a nurse. I enjoy running, netball, volleyball, swimming and reading. My fav band is Westlife. The best band ever! ! ! And my fav single singer is Micheal Buble. HOT! ! Growing up poetry was my venting system and has seen me thru alot of tough times. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Yes, my body is old
But it’s not the real me.
The real me is as young as you
In fact the real me never changes.
Yes, I’m trapped in a body
That won’t obey me
But don’t let it fool you.
I’m aware of everything around me
And I want to be included.
So don’t look at me with pity
Or talk to me as you would a child
Please don’t make me feel useless
And ignore me.
I have not changed
Time has just taken its toll.
The real me is just like you.
With a need to be
Wanted and accepted.
So be patient with me
If I am ...