jJO CAREY Poems
- Depression Hurts Depression hurts when you grow old And life...
- Goodbye Old Friend Goodbye old friend, its hard to know ...
- Fog On The Mountain Fog on the mountain, no sunshine in the ...
- Are You Troubled Are you troubled, are you lonesome Do you...
- She Was A Great And Grand Lady She was a lady, a beautiful ...
- My Eyes Aren'T Sad Anymore My eyes aren't sad anymore, I'm ...
- Fly Away Sweet Baby, Fly Away ... Fly away sweet baby, fly ...
I AM OLDER THAN THE HILLS, WITH NO DREAMS LEFT TO CHASE. JUST WANTED TO TALK TO SOMEONE WHO FELT LIKE ME. I GRADUATED FROM HIGH SCHOOL, ATTENDED SOME COLLEGE, I WORKED AS A REAL ESTATE BROKER UNTIL I LOST MY HEARING. I AM NOW COMPLETELY DEAF. I HAVE A COCHLEAR IMPLANT, DONE IN 1993 WITH SEVERAL UPDATES AND GET ALONG FINE WITH THIS AND READING LIPS. I AM SO GLAD THAT I FOUND THIS SITE, FOR ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Depression hurts when you grow old
And life has passed you by
No more dreams to think about
Or even wishes to come true
You lose a friend and then another and
There's no past to talk about
No laughter, only tears to shed
That others cannot see
Depression hurts no matter what you try
It breaks you down till nothing matters
Life doesn't matter either
You come or go, who cares
No one that really cares too much
No friend thats left to tell your troubles to
No love that puts its arms around you
And holds you close.
Why stay and sit in...