John F. McCullagh
John F. McCullagh Poems
- Who Will Watch The Watchers? They monitor the internet. They...
- All Who Remain Today three hundred gather recalling to the ...
- Fifty Words For Snow In the arctic wastes where the Inuit ...
- The Falling Man, A Poem Of 9-1... You see me suspended in ...
- The Runaway Slave I strain my ears at every sound
- A Light Before Dying (Dark Hu... She had been through so ...
- The Easter Rising eiri amach na casca (the Easter rising) ...
My influences are Browning, Service, Donne, Thomas Grey, E.A. Poe and Shakespeare. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Quotationsmore quotations »
Who Will Watch The Watchers?
They monitor the internet.
They listen in on calls.
They spy on foreign Heads of State-
Believe me that takes balls
Their surveillance apparatus
Makes the KGB look LAX.
Omniscience is their stated aim
to "protect" us from attacks.
So put up with whole body scans
And show your papers please.
I believe the cure for terror
Will prove worse than the disease.