John W. McEwers
John W. McEwers Poems
- Her Eyes Shine Like Diamonds If diamonds could talk they ...
- Zoology Mammals lay no eggs outside of their bodies because ...
- Who's That On My Lawn? I lived through Iraq and ...
- How To Tie A Tie. Before we even start have that tie in your...
- Gross Things I remember when I was a kid, I ate worms after...
- Hurt Me Go ahead, I can take the pain of you leaving. You ...
- Your Love Is Due First of the month, your love is due, she ...
I have two kids, and I spent a summer in England. I love the outdoors. Poetry isn't my life, it is my oxygen. My favorite author is Tom Clancy. A close second would be Virginia Woolf. I'm trying to get better, and would like to collect my poems into a collection for publication. Any comments would be great! ! ! R.I.P. Robert UPDATE: In hindsight, Robert was not a very good friend. ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Quotationsmore quotations »
Her Eyes Shine Like Diamonds
If diamonds could talk
they would say her name
when we meet
for coffee on a blind date
but we never met,
I only watched her from my seat
at the back of the coffee shop
as she and a bigger, prettier man than I
said 'hi' and 'I like your smile'
and her eyes shone like diamonds
and they said her name.
Katie with the eyes like diamonds