Julie Schleppegrell Poems
- Hello, My Name Is Julie And We...
- The Failed Suicide Attempt Whiskey was in my veins, the ...
- Papa Prime: is the role to his daughter, for, he was the ...
- Language Of The Heart I am not crying I just can not ...
- Where Is The Pavilion? The holy spirit spoke to me, ...
- Silent Soldier (June 2009) Just before deployment started in ...
- Jalopy The tranny was slipping, and the rear end wearily ...
I am the youngest of 5 kids. The only girl. My father took me aside when I was 10, and said 'Julie, out of all the kids, you scare me the most. You are unpredictable and too independant. I am afraid you will be the runner.'
He was right, I did run.... What a confused little know it all I was to think that I could defend myself.... Instead of dying, I finally became the girl I should have been when I was 30, but now the woman who I finally recognised was not a boy or a Man, and know that 'anything 'he' can do 'she' can do better', was a silly liberal woman's thought. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Julie Schleppegrell
Hello, My Name Is Julie And Welcome To The Nuthouse!
Eyes of green,
the day you shook my hand.
The look was serene,
with a touch of a prince from my dreamland.
Rational indifference was clinging on,
but the feeling for me easily shook away.
For in my heart I have known you all along,
in a place you waited for me every day.
'Hello, I am your wife,
here with the minister to bond this matter of fact.
You have known me your whole life,
but I see you don't want to react.
I am not the other ones,
I am me.
I am not another re-run,
I am who you see.
Your fear can't be shook,