Keith Shorrocks Johnson
Keith Shorrocks Johnson Poems
- Chimera Every man who has a serviceable soul Is not whole ...
- For Jane Fonda At 80 When young you were as stunning as the ...
- Grubby Grub I love to cook two crispy snacks Of Aussie grub ...
- Caws, Nurses And Muses Yesterday we sort of rescued an old ...
- Kiss Me Kate - Carefully. The ... Poets often use many ...
- Buttercups And Daisies In mid-year when the grass was ...
- The Kaka [nz Parrot] And The K...
I am an Economist and Public Policy Analyst by profession who has worked in over 25 countries during a 40-year career. In 1991, I settled in Wellington, New Zealand, having lived and worked in the Philippines for the previous seven years. Nowadays I am largely a house-husband and the principal carer for 2 small sons. As I am semi-retired from policy work, I write extensively in my spare time. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Every man who has a serviceable soul
Is not whole but contains a chimera
The twin girl child of his earliest youth
Whose emotions live on enveloped.
[No doubt it is the same for woman
With the polarities and negatives
Reversed - the ambivalent Sappho singing
Of the imperishable hero Achilles.]
But as manhood rises, the she-soul fades
Trapped in the frame of masculinity
Though she is never wholly transmuted
Whispering as she does of lost divinity
Singing softly from the mind's shades
Of the perils of mortality and eternity:
A shadow of His ...