Kubiat Bassey Poems
- The Destitute Once, a man on the street I met Elegantly ...
- Mama Africa's Cry I hear wailing in the streets Wailing from...
- Just Friends We were friends Just friends I smiled at ...
- Run Away Love My heart, my love My loving dove Beautiful as...
- The Coming Messiah The hour draws nigh For the coming ...
- Ufan Mi (My Friend) Our friendship none compare Thick, thin,...
- Sounds From Heaven On a cold harmattan night After a long ...
My name is Kubiatutomobong Bassey, Kubiat Bassey for short. I am a student studying English at the University of Uyo, Uyo, Akwa Ibom state, Nigeria. i grew up in family where music is appreciated. it's from the love of music that i got inspired to become a poet. I also love books, all manner of books. my dad instilled the habit of reading in us right from when we were little. I love poetry cause ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Kubiat Bassey
Once, a man on the street I met
Elegantly dressed in tattered clothes
Different colours it had
More to come
These he cherished
As his only assets
He had nothing to eat
But for tasty sour meat
And a bowl of algae water
To go along with it
He romanced the cold night
On his bed of refuse
Which he shared with rats and cats
More yet unseen
He, a tasty meal for the mosquitoes
Who feasted until they had their fill
Though in this way
He still knelt to pray
Thanking Gog for yet another day
Seeing the sun rays
And the hope-full ...