Leonard Dabydeen Poems
- They Call Me Illegal They call me illegal unwanted in the ...
- Loneliness She creeps around my room lulling any sound ...
- A Gifted World
- A Crow's Heart Shadows move among them, amorphous like ...
- As Tears Fall As tears fall upon dehydrated cheeks making ...
- Addicted This cool morning breeze keeps my heart beating ...
- An Uninvited Guest AN UNINVITED GUEST Let me visit you ...
Canadian - Guyanese born.University education. Freelance creative writer.
Poetry manuscripts submitted in Poetry Contests in Canada & U.S.A. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Leonard Dabydeen
They Call Me Illegal
They call me illegal
unwanted in the eye
blue as the sky
but only seeing my colour
my dark skin and I
they crimp minds with hate
their souls to flaming rage
and yet on impulse
I smile mischievously
‘cause I am hopeful
I am like falling rain
I run in gutters
I run in trenches
I put a smile on earth
trees and plants
they welcome me.