Lindsay Elise Poems
- Fairytale Cinderella, with her slippers of glass, ...
- Abuse You were so waiting for me to jump into the deep ...
- Garden Poetry So there’s this poet in my garden. He sits ...
- Bones They say that she is a beautiful dancer. Her limbs ...
- Greed Give me something of yours To remember you by. Don’t ...
- The Waltz The last time words passed between us, I was ...
- The Girl Couldn'T Speak For Lo... It’s lodged in my ...
I am a typical 17 year old girl. I hang out with my friends, go to the beach, and love a boy I can't have. I gaze at the stars at night and find myself too wrapped up into movies- stories of wonderful lives that aren't mine. I have witnessed no life-changing experiences. I am lucky to have the life I live, I have felt no serious hurt in my few years, and yet I write anyways. Many think a good ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Lindsay Elise
with her slippers of glass,
clicks her heels three times
and is drawn into a world
of yellow brick roads.
Where the trees throw at her
their poisoned apples
those which, if she bites
she is obliged into an endless sleep.
Seven men place her
under a case
and again we’re back to glass.
In the tower the hourglass is running out.
A trio of oddities rescues her
those without wits, heart, or courage
but she flies back home
in a hot air balloon
and upon reaching the ground
the balloon ...