Lindsey Priest Poems
- Cottage By The Sea I am looking at a painting Of a cottage ...
- Yorkshire Lass Have you ever been to Yorkshire on a bright ...
- Car Salesman Nought per cent finance, what a con! Nought ...
- Easter Patchwork We are going to make a patchwork ...
- Worry, Worry, Worry Worry Worry Worry That’s all I seem to ...
- Losing Things Why am I always losing things? Why do they ...
- Dressing Up We have got to dress up at school, I can tell ...
Fifty-three year old Primary School teacher with Parkinson's Disease - but am still smiling!
Married to Mike and have two lovely daughters, Jenny (24) and Melanie (22) .
If you are reading this - please get in touch and tell me what you think of my poems - honestly. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Lindsey Priest
Cottage By The Sea
I am looking at a painting
Of a cottage by the sea,
The waves are lapping gently,
And someone ‘s beckoning me
To take a closer look into
That picture on the wall,
For in it lies the answer,
The answer to it all.
'Why do I need an answer
To a question I did not ask?
Is there something in that cottage
And to search will be my task? '
'Look a little more closely
So you can see some more,
There’s someone in the cottage
Standing near the door.
At first you did not notice
Now your eyes can see.'
‘And is that someone calling, ...