Little Opal Poems
- Mama Faye Gotta Story Ta Tell 'Love'll kick ya in da teeth! ...
- Glorify The Game I was born and raised by players, Players ...
- Daddy's Girl As a child my father often confused ...
- Dedicated To Brown This is a poem for a man named Brown, It...
- Heaven's Door The more people I'm around, The more alone I ...
- Friends Before Lovers Friends before lovers Makes perfect ...
- If If your heart is only mine, Why am I alone 99% of the ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Quotationsmore quotations »
''Love will kick you in the teeth!''Mama Faye
''It is not the words of our enemies that hurt, it is the silence of our friends.''by Maya Angelou
Comments about Little Opal
Mama Faye Gotta Story Ta Tell
'Love'll kick ya in da teeth! '
Then she took another swallow of her beer.
'Naw, Opee. You ain't known real grief,
Til love Finnish witcha teeth! '
As she pick up her cards,
And re-shuffle her deck.
'Opee, play may song! '
For the 10th time today.
'Then come on over here,
And bring ya Mama Faye
''Cuz I gotta story ta tell, '
Her song was by Michael McDonald,
And Patti LaBelle.
It's entitled 'On My Own, and
She loved it.
The title speaks for itself,
But, as a child,
I thought nothing of ...