Maria C. Pires Costa
Maria C. Pires Costa Poems
- From Destruction To Reconstruc... From images of ...
- Sweet Harmony There is no wind blowing The tree stands ...
- ... For Our Soul To Nurture They are friendly, entertaining, ...
- In Joy And Sorrow What glorious times she has lived! Bright...
- A Sweet Haven Today I'm not in my usual mood to face things ...
- A Song Of Joy From the top of the mountains We breathed the ...
- A Gesture Of Love From dawn till dusk They are ...
I live with my husband and two sons in this quiet, sunny side of Europe, Portugal.
Writing (very modestly) has been part of my personal interests, and it always provides me with much energy and motivation to face hard times.
It also invites me to reflect on the surrounding world, and when it comes to poem writing that's so particular.We really enjoy sharing simple thoughts and ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
From Destruction To Reconstruction
From images of devastation,
deep pain, and sometimes even revolt,
come before our eyes living tokens
of humanitarianism, solidarity, cooperation -
noble life lessons encompassing courage
springing from all the ones who truly act
with deep respect for Nature
and for the human being dignity.
Children's eyes are sad and distant-looking
as if they still were feeling the unlimited strength
of the giant waves moving! !
Brave young people keep projecting their dreams -
across a land that is now more sacred -
as though those dreams were being ...