Marilyn Shepperson Poems
- Killing Fields The fighting is over, the battle is ...
- Late Evening In The Village As night falls, the bats do ...
- Contemplating Suicide As I wander down the lonely road of ...
- Power There is a power in taking But more power in ...
- Being Helpful I'm sorry for all the things I did And all the...
- A Moonlit Night Too early for some, too late for others Even...
- Poetry Sit back, relax, let your mind go free Chasing down ...
Living now in North Wales and a grand mother. My life long wish has always been to be a paperback writer, but I cannot afford it. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Marilyn Shepperson
The fighting is over, the battle is won
Overhead the crows are gathering
The dead lay like a grisly carpet
Those not dead groan or cry and pray softly
Worst of all is the heart rending whimpering
Of men knowing they are about to die and are afraid
The victors celebrate in the great hall
With drink and food in plenty
Raising glasses to the glorious dead
What's glorious about it?
The losers, in chains, sit bemused
Trying to work out where they went wrong
Exhausted horses in the stables
Stand with heads hanging low
To tired to eat, barely able to ...