Mark Christmas Poems
- The Abandoned Soldier youthful face, innocent cares, wide ...
- Whose Casualties Of What War? a little girl looked at her ...
- Diogenes Diogenes always worked, a Soldier, a Sailor, an ...
- Reject 46 Your passing was whispered and then tolled by the ...
- Soldier Soul “Purvey me your soul, ” The Devil cried, To a...
- Madame Juliette Young girl Mademoiselle, felt deprivation ...
- The Line I’ve toed the line when on parade, I’ve walked the...
Mark Christmas was born in South Wales. He published his first collection; Roller Coaster Emotion in 2006. This reflected his personal life and feelings which many who read may feel equates to themselves. In 2010, Mark took on the roll of campaigner, in order to raise awareness of PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder) and those who continually suffer once war is not media headlines any ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Mark Christmas
The Abandoned Soldier
youthful face, innocent cares,
wide eyed child, infant stares.
child grew up, played soldier games,
sticks for guns, a pretence to maim.
boy left school, sought to be a man,
to render peace in Afghanistan.
all too soon the decision made,
some years of his life with the Army he’d trade,
training done, off he flew,
to fight a war in pastures new.
a mortar attack, killed, outright four,
‘lucky’ for him he was blown to the floor,
though injuries sustained were incidental,
not so physical, more like mental.
cuts and ...